Aktuelle Zeit: Mo 29. Apr 2024, 14:36

Bordeaux 2016

Medoc und seine Appellationen, Bourg und Umgebung, Fronsac, Pomerol, Saint Emilion und Umgebung, Entre Deux Mers, Graves und Pessac-Leognan, Sauternes und Co.
  • Autor
  • Nachricht

Olaf Nikolai

• Bilder: 0

Re: Bordeaux 2016

BeitragDi 11. Apr 2017, 19:06

Cb weinhandel hat 2016er Degu- Notizen versandt. Lässt ein wenig die Luft raus.....im Vergleich zu 2015....realistisch. Scheint auf den Preis anzukommen.....

ledexter

BeitragDo 13. Apr 2017, 17:14

After a Blockbuster Year for Bordeaux, the Top 18 Wines to Buy
Plus, 10 bottles that will be a true bargain. (And, as important, what to avoid.)
by Elin McCoy

As spring sun blazed in blue skies over Bordeaux on Friday, March 31, I set out to taste nearly 500 barrel samples of red and white wines in the legendary French region. My mission was to discern how the 2016 vintage stacks up against the superb 2015s I tried last year.

Bordeaux En Primeur 2016

I’m not going to beat around the bush: The best wines from this vintage are exceptional, with plenty of superstars as impressive as, or much better than, their 2015 versions. Many chateau owners feel the wines are the best they’ve ever made. (Of course, I’ve heard that before.) The style of 2016 is different and enticing: The wines brim with fresh, floral aromas and cool red fruit flavors, silky textures, complexity, and smooth, tightly packed tannins.

Interest in the vintage was high–6,500 merchants descended on the city, compared with 4,500 last year. Chateau Mouton-Rothschild welcomed 2,000, Pichon-Baron 1,200. The Chinese were out in force. I myself traveled more than 500 miles, north to the Medoc, east to Saint-Emilion and Pomerol, and south to the Graves and Sauternes.

Here’s what I learned: 2016 is more variable than I expected, but I found terrific wines at every price level and in every appellation.

The Big Names

The first growths all shine brightly. One thing that struck me was how good the second wines from top properties are, as well as those from smaller estates, a sure indicator of the vintage’s high quality. At Chateau Pichon-Lalande, second wine Reserve de la Comtesse was stunning, while Chateau Leoville-Las Cases’s small estate Potensac made its best wine ever. On the other hand, with a few exceptions, the dry and sweet whites aren’t as stunning as the best reds.

With nearly constant rain from January to mid-June, followed by debilitating drought from then until, finally, a surprise Sept. 13 rain saved the day, 2016 wasn’t an easy “armchair” vintage. It took careful work and planning to get the grapes across the finish line.

Olivier Berrouet of Chateau Petrus explained, “You had to pick each block of vines at the right moment, and be gentle in each decision. The road to balance was very narrow.”

The soil and the age of the vines were the keys to success, according to Edouard Moueix, whose family owns many Pomerol and Saint-Emilion estates. Vineyards with clay and limestone, which hold water, suffered no stress during the drought. Those planted on gravel and sand often did.

Interestingly, the long fall harvest season, with cool nights and warm days, resulted in wines that have less alcohol. First-growth Chateau Haut Brion and La Mission Haut Brion, with nearly 15 percent alcohol in recent years, are back to more normal levels like 14 percent and more attractive as a result. Many chateaus produced about 20 percent more wine than they did in 2015.

There were so many superb wines that it was difficult to pick my top 18 and 10 best values listed below. Besides those, I’d single out chateaus Angelus, Beychevelle, Belair-Monange, Calon Segur, Canon, Cheval Blanc, Haut-Bailly, La Conseillante, Leoville-Barton, Pichon-Baron, Haut-Brion, Margaux, and Vieux-Chateau-Certan.

Over the next few months, you will have the option to buy the wines while they’re still in the barrel, in the form of futures. (The prices for my top 18 in the 2015 vintage ranged from $55 to $3,000.) Whether to invest in a specific 2016 wine or not, as always, will depend on the price, something few owners want to discuss right now. (They’ll release prices of the wines over the next two months; for instant notification, subscribe to Millesima USA’s new wine futures alert system at millesima-usa.com.) But for those who want to just look forward to great wines in the future, know that these famed estates will be offering winners at the table for yet another year in a row.

My Top 18 Chateaux for 2016
(Listed in alphabetical order)

Ausone
Hugely rich and perfumed, it will be deservedly expensive; the “bargain” from this chateau is the best second wine I tasted, Chapelle d’Ausone.

Clerc Milon
Owned by Mouton-Rothschild, this chateau made its best wine yet, with powerful, super polished, and vivacious flavors.

Cos d’Estournel
This is the best young wine I’ve tasted from Cos; it’s suave, sophisticated, savory, and spicy.

d’Issan
This stylish, cassis-scented Margaux has amazing delicacy and purity of fruit, given that it sells below $100.

Ducru-Beaucaillou
Long and powerful with dark, intense fruit, this has layer after layer of complexity.

Figeac
Almost perfect, this wine is soft, dense, structured, and complex; it’s better than the 2015, which sold out to merchants in 42 minutes.

Lafite Rothschild
Dense, serious, and expansive, the wine’s long, complex, subtle flavors unroll in layers.

Lafleur
The satiny texture and dense, plushy cassis flavors are filled with bright energy.

Leoville-Las Cases
A colleague called this wine “monumental.” It’s brilliant and sumptuous, with super pure fruit.

Le Pin
Totally seductive. This expensive Pomerol from a tiny cult estate is another “wow” wine, super intense, with soft sensual fruit flavors.

Montrose
Along with a gorgeous purple-y color and powerful tannins, this wine is also round, rich, and super classy.

Mouton Rothschild
Smooth and powerful, with cocoa-and-violets aromas and a dark, deep power.

Palmer
Sophisticated and velvety, it’s also wonderfully aromatic with a very long, pure aftertaste.

Petrus
I loved the sensuality of the 2015; the 2016 is more elegant and structured.

Pichon-Lalande
This gorgeous wine brims with succulent fruit flavors, spicy aromas, and a super polished texture.

Pontet-Canet
Aromatic, polished, and smooth, it has an especially silky texture.

Rauzan-Segla
This scented Margaux is deep, floral, and fragrant, better than 2015.

Trotanoy
A favorite in the Moueix portfolio, this has a core of savory elegant fruit and powerful tannins for the long haul.

Ten Top Values
(In the bottle, these wines will range from about $22 to $40)

Capbern
Owned by Calon Segur, this Saint-Estephe wine shows a lot of plush, seductive fruit for its price.

Corbin
Very fresh, savory blackberry flavors and bright floral aromas mark this always well-made wine.

Lagrange
Plump, smooth, and satisfying, this Saint-Julien really delivers, as does its second wine Fiefs de Lagrange.

Lalande-Borie
Every wine in the Chateau Ducru-Beaucaillou stable is terrific; this one has exceptionally lush fruit and structure.

Phelan Segur
This velvety Saint-Estephe red comes from a chateau owned by the family behind Taillevant restaurant.

Pibran
Part of Chateau Pichon Baron’s portfolio, this wine is loaded with seductive red fruit flavors.

Potensac
This is the best-ever vintage for this intense, berry-flavored red in Leoville-Las Cases’s portfolio.

Puy Blanquet
Plump and sweetly fruited, this Saint-Emilion from the Moueix lineup has charm and mineral overtones.

Reserve de la Comtesse
The second wine of Pichon-Lalande is juicy and succulent, with lovely structure.

Siran
This year the wine has more elegance, intensity, and delicious juicy red fruit flavors.

innauen

• Bilder: 8

BeitragDo 13. Apr 2017, 20:06

Hallo,

der hier mitlesende und sehr selten auch schreibende Weinhändler hat seine Bewertungen heute auch veröffentlich und da er sie nicht selbst zu posten scheint, stelle ich sie halt ein, seufz!

http://www.aux-fins-gourmets.de/blog/20 ... -eldorado/

Das ist eine riesige Liste, die zu posten ich mir spare. Es gibt aber einen sogenannten Subskriptionsindex, den er als Quotient aus Punktezahl und Knappheit ermittelt. Diese Weine haben nicht alle 100 Punkte, bei weitem nicht. Aber hier lohne sich eine Subs, weil es sonst schnell heißen kann "Ausverkauft" oder "Zweite Trache". Besonders empfohlen sind:

Clos Louie
Margaux
Palmer
Rauzan Segla
Malescot Saint Exupery
Kirwan
Pontet Canet
Pichon Comtesse
Lafite
Lynch Bages
Batailley
Haut Brion rot
Mission Haut Brion
Haut Bailly
Carmes Haut Brion
Clinet
Enclos Tourmaline
Fleur Petrus
Gazin
Trotanoy
Feytit Clinet
Gay Pomerol
Eglise Clinet
Canon
Ausone
Figeac
Tertre Roteboeuf
Belair-Monange
Trotte Vieille
Mondotte Saint Emilion
Beausejour
Fleur Morange
Fleur Morange
Clos Saint Julien
Tour St. Christophe
Lafon la Tuilerie
Montrose
Calon Segur
Leoville Poyferre

Grüße,

wolf

P.S. Ich sehe gerade, dass die Bacchus Vinothek auch online ist: http://www.bacchus-vinothek.de/site/ass ... -04-13.pdf
„Es war viel mehr.“

Johnny Depp dementiert, 30.000 Dollar im Monat für Alkohol ausgegeben zu haben. (Quelle: „B.Z.“)

brownelephant204

BeitragSa 15. Apr 2017, 10:00

Lobenberg hat nun auch seine VKN's veröffentlicht: http://blog.gute-weine.de/bordeaux-2016 ... eaux-2016/

Für meinen Geschmack und aus PLV-Sicht lesen sich aus diesen VKN sehr gut:
D'Armailhac (94-96)
Belgrave (96+)
Clos Manou (97-98) ! ("Und wäre es nicht Haut Medoc sondern Pauillac, wären seine Weine, zusammen mit Pontet Canet, immer im 100-Euro-Bereich. Das ist seit vielen, vielen Jahren großes Kino und wird auf Grund der Randlage und zahlreicher "nur Etikettentrinker" total unterbewertet.")
Clos Louie (100 Punkte)
Dutruch Grand Poujeaux (94+)
Tour Saint Christophe (97 - 98+) !

innauen

• Bilder: 8

BeitragSa 15. Apr 2017, 11:31

brownelephant204 hat geschrieben:Lobenberg

Clos Louie (100 Punkte)

Frage: welcher Händler hat in Deutschland die größten Zuteilungen für diesen Wein ;) :lol:

Grüße,

wolf
„Es war viel mehr.“

Johnny Depp dementiert, 30.000 Dollar im Monat für Alkohol ausgegeben zu haben. (Quelle: „B.Z.“)

Olaf Nikolai

BeitragSa 15. Apr 2017, 13:20

Wenn überhaupt dann eigentlich das was in 15 auch schon auf der Liste stand
Canon
Leo Barton
Giscours
Rauzan Segla
DDC
Haut Bailly
La Croix
Pape Clement
Evtl. auch
Gruaud Larose
Leoville Poyferre
Clerc Milon

Michael24

BeitragSa 15. Apr 2017, 13:51

Hat sich jemand aus dem Forum durch die 2016er gekostet?

ledexter

BeitragSa 15. Apr 2017, 16:18

Gebe Olaf größtenteils recht, wenn man sich die Verkostungen so ansieht scheinen das die bezahlbaren Knaller in 2016 zu werden:

Pontet Canet
Haut-Bailly
Duffau-Lagarrosse Beausejour
Canon
Les Carmes Haut-Brion
Calon Segur
Smith Haut Lafitte
Roc De Cambes
Grand Puy Lacoste
Rauzan Segla
Tour Saint Christophe

Giscours und Clerc Milon schauen auch vielversprechend aus bislang.

ledexter

BeitragSa 15. Apr 2017, 20:24

Jancis Robinson:

The right bank’s 2016 stars

I gave all these wines at least 18 points out of 20, but a host of wines, not all of them likely to be particularly expensive, earned at least 17.

Pomerol
• Hosanna
• Lafleur
• Petrus
• Le Pin
• Vieux Château Certan

Saint-Emilion
• Ausone
• Canon
• Cheval Blanc
• Figeac
• Tertre Roteboeuf

Hat jemand vielleicht ihre anderen 2016 Ratings? Sie hat diese wohl schon veröffentlicht.

Olaf Nikolai

BeitragSa 15. Apr 2017, 21:24

Gpl hatte ich tatsächlich vergessen;-)
.....aber den kauf ich eh immer....
VorherigeNächste

Zurück zu Bordeaux und Umgebung