Aktuelle Zeit: Di 19. Mär 2024, 11:47

BerlinKabinettCup - Kabinett 2016

Berichte von Verkostungen mit Weinen aus mehreren Ländern/Regionen (sonst bitte im Länderforum einstellen)
  • Autor
  • Nachricht

Johan

Re: BerlinKabinettCup - Kabinett 2016

BeitragDo 13. Jul 2017, 09:44

Hi all,

Apologies i’ll have to write in english since my german is not quite there yet :D.

We did open Von Othegraven ’16 Kupp recently, and the nose was off-the-charts smelly. Almost faulty like. As a long time reader of the forum I have to ask, since I did have quite a similar experience with the ’15 Bockstein kabinett a couple of months ago (I did thought it was more or less an off bottle), is this somewhat of feature of Von Othegraven sweeter side wines and something that goes away with the age or heavy aeration?

At this point I could not imagine to serve these two for a person unaware of term “böxer” of spontaneous fermented sweeter younger rieslings. And I am quite tolerant for all kind of weird stuff including that but this was waaayyy over the top :D.

We did also open ’16 Kanzemer trocken and it was nothing like these two kabinetts. Just beautiful and elegant, already nicely drinking young dry riesling.

BerlinKitchen

• Bilder: 199

BeitragDo 13. Jul 2017, 14:23

das Kind schielt nicht, es muss so gucken

YES, the nose is smelly. Based on spontenous fermentation and goes away with age.
"Ein Leben ohne Riesling ist zwar möglich, aber sinnlos!"

harti

• Bilder: 11

BeitragDo 13. Jul 2017, 15:06

BerlinKitchen hat geschrieben:das Kind schielt nicht, es muss so gucken

YES, the nose is smelly. Based on spontenous fermentation and goes away with age.

:lol:

Aber warum müffelt der trockene Wein nicht? Wird hier mit Reinzuchthefe gearbeitet?

Grüße

Hartmut

Moselaner

BeitragDo 13. Jul 2017, 17:38

Johan hat geschrieben:Hi all,

Apologies i’ll have to write in english since my german is not quite there yet :D.

We did open Von Othegraven ’16 Kupp recently, and the nose was off-the-charts smelly. Almost faulty like. As a long time reader of the forum I have to ask, since I did have quite a similar experience with the ’15 Bockstein kabinett a couple of months ago (I did thought it was more or less an off bottle), is this somewhat of feature of Von Othegraven sweeter side wines and something that goes away with the age or heavy aeration?

At this point I could not imagine to serve these two for a person unaware of term “böxer” of spontaneous fermented sweeter younger rieslings. And I am quite tolerant for all kind of weird stuff including that but this was waaayyy over the top :D.

We did also open ’16 Kanzemer trocken and it was nothing like these two kabinetts. Just beautiful and elegant, already nicely drinking young dry riesling.

As already mentioned a not unusual note in spontaneously fermented wines. There are some wineries, such as Schloss Lieser, J J Prüm or Schäfer-Fröhlich, where you almost expect this kind. With some maturity in the bottle this impression disappears. A recently opened 12 Spätlese by Schäfer-Fröhlich showed only slight notes. The wine was however before fantastic and it was now also. You have to know, of course, what you are getting into and whether you prefer this style. A advantage is the durability of such wines. I already have cabinets from the 90s which were still absolutely fresh.

Greetings

Patrick
Wo aber der Wein fehlt, stirbt der Reiz des Lebens.
Euripides

dane

BeitragSa 22. Jul 2017, 09:44

OK, ich hab eben mal nachgeschaut: Die Durchschnittspunkte der Verkoster (also fuer jeden Verkoster der Schnitt ueber die von ihm oder ihr gewerteten Weine) sind:

85,60 <--- Kai Schätzel
84,03 <--- plus 7 Weine nicht gewertet
85,83 <--- Désirée Schröder (Dr. Loosen)
85,43 <--- unfehlbarerer Kabinett-Papst 8-)

Der Ueber-alles-Schnitt liegt bei 85.13 Punkten.

Die Diskussion um die Methodik gab es ja schon früher, über Geschmack lässt sich streiten und die Interpretation ob Punkte oder Rank ist ein eigenes Thema.
Die Heterogenität der Bewerter könnte man übrigens durch ein Fixed Effect Model abfangen für die Rater. Zudem könnte man im Sinne eines Re-test Ansatzes einen Wein einmal am Anfang bringen und einmal am Ende um so die Bewertungskonsistenz abzufangen, zusätzlich zu einem "Eichwein".
Vorherige

Zurück zu Weinproben und Verkostungsberichte